McDONALD’S LAUNCHES SEARCH FOR 2017 UK GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL HEROES
The 2017 Community Awards, presented by McDonald’s and the UK’s four home nation football associations, are now open for nominations. The awards recognise and celebrate grassroots volunteers across the UK who make a real difference to their communities. The search is now on to find our local grassroots heroes here in Essex!
“Volunteers are the lifeblood of sustaining and developing grassroots clubs and the Community Awards recognise the vital contribution they make, giving their time and dedication for the love of the sport. Football brings people together, it allows kids to have fun, be social, make new friends and get active.” – Alex Brooker
This year the categories are as follows;
- The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard League of the Year Award
- Best Inclusive Project Award **New award for 2017 **
- Coach of the Year **New award for 2017 **
- People’s Award – Outstanding Contribution to Community Football
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award
- Nominations close on Thursday 13th April 2017, while the national award winners will be announced at The FA Community Awards presented by McDonald’s.
The National winners will be chosen by a National Award judging panel featuring 1966 World Cup winner and McDonald’s Director of Football, Sir Geoff Hurst.
Senior Football Development Officer
Covering Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Southend, Thurrock
Essex County F.A.
T: 01245 393095
F: 01245 393089